Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Springtime in the City

The days of blizzards and the polar vortex are long behind us - IT'S SPRINGTIME!


Official Countdown to Graduation: 25 Days
(that sounds like party time if I do say so myself...)


I always know it's spring when the trees are in bloom and the outdoor seating opens up at the local bars and restaurants! Now that the weather has been in the 60's and 70's, the sun is shining, and the sun doesn't set until well after 7:00 PM, it's officially time to do some of my favorite spring activities! Weekend walks through Rittenhouse Square, strolls along the Schuylkill River, and evenings spent outside by a fire at a local bar/restaurant are some great ways to enjoy the gorgeous weather. Because we only have a few weeks left together before we go our separate ways, maybe I'll try to get some of my cohort-mates to celebrate the gorgeous spring weather with me at some of these places...

See, there IS nature in the city!
Trees in the park near my apartment.



On another slightly related note - Happy Earth Day!!

Hopefully you're celebrating today (and every day) by practicing the three R's - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! 

Love the Lorax!

How cute are these Earth cupcakes?!?

"Earth" made out of recycled crayons!



No comments:

Post a Comment