Friday, May 2, 2014

It's the Final Countdown!

Duh nuh nuh nuhhhh, duh nuh nuh nuh nuhhhhhh

This morning it really hit me how soon graduation is! I wanted to do a little "By the Numbers" post to give you an idea of what this point of the year looks like, and to give you an idea of how exciting the weeks leading up to graduation are since many of you will be in this phase next year at this time.

Here's what's left on my Penn GSE "to do list" as of today...
15 days remain until Graduation
5 scheduled days of work at my assistantship - 14 hours 
3 class sessions are left - 6 hours of in-class presentations
1 group presentation is mine
1 paper/take home exam - 20 pages to write
2 lunch celebrations
3 meetings


This means my "Summer Vacation" is rapidly approaching! Since I'm still job searching and don't have anything secured yet, I've been making a list of things to do with all of my new-found free time! 
1. Apply for jobs! I suppose I should be putting my hard-earned degree to good use :-)
2. Netflix, Netflix, Netflix! I want to catch up on all the TV shows I've missed and ones I've heard good reviews of!
3. Read for pleasure! I's been forever since I've read a book that I actually elected to read so I'm going to catch up on some recommendations from professors and classmates. Currently my list includes "The Gatekeepers" by Jacques Steinberg, "Crazy U" by Andrew Ferguson, and "The Attainment Agenda" by GSE's very own Laura Perna and Joni Finney. 
4. Enjoy some free time with my family and friends! I'm looking forward to spending more than a day or two at a time with my parents, my sister, and my best friends. 
5. Try out new brunch places! I love brunch so I'm hoping to be able to try out a couple of recommendations in Philly that I haven't been to yet.
6. Go back to Busch Gardens! I was just there in September, but it's one of my favorite places for a weekend getaway!
7. Blog? Maybe I'll keep up with blogging during the summer either here or through a new site. That option is still being debated...

I'm definitely still open to answering questions and giving advice throughout the Summer and into the next school year. Feel free to message me through this blog, send me an email, or reach out via the Penn GSE Accepted Students Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment