Monday, October 7, 2013

Work Hard, Play Hard



Coming back to work on a Monday after a great weekend is always hard, and this Monday was incredibly busy! We’re trying to get everything ready for the upcoming information session on campus this Saturday – it’s not too late to sign up if you still want to attend! It’s been a lot of work, but I’m excited to meet many of the prospective students this weekend!

It’s taken a few weeks to get into the rhythm of things here, but I seem to be following a “work hard, play hard” kind of schedule. I get my school work done during the week and then spend my weekends doing [almost] no homework (unless it’s necessary) so I get to relax and enjoy time with my friends or family. It helps that I don’t have any classes on Monday, just my GA, so I’m not usually doing last minute homework or prep work on Sunday. You have to find what works for you. I know a lot of people who catch up on their homework on the weekends because they’re so busy during the week. I prefer to do my work during the week and I don’t usually mind staying up late on weeknights if it means having the weekend free!



 
This weekend my best friend Maura came up to visit and we celebrated TWO birthdays for our friends. I got to spend Friday night with everyone in Manayunk, a nearby neighborhood and great place for twenty-somethings to go out, and on Saturday I made a delicious pumpkin cake to celebrate! Sunday was a lazy day, spent watching football - the Ravens and Eagles both won their games and I’m currently undefeated in my first fantasy football league! I went to bed “early” on Sunday night after an exhausting weekend, but I’m so happy I could spend it with many of my friends instead of locked in the library!

I hope to see some of you at the info session this Saturday and if you can’t make it, hopefully you’ll consider joining us for a web chat with current students and alumni on Tuesday October 22, from 10:00-11:00am ET (RSVP here). The last one was a great success and we hope to talk to more of you soon!

Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment